Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Will this govt survive?

Today is result day for Manmohan Singh government. It is going to face floor test by evening. This political commotion was created because of nuclear deal. A person like me understands very less technical, social, financial aspects of this deal. Few knowledgeable persons are against and few are in support of deal. Thus it’s more and more confusing for common man to understand the different facets of this deal. I am not sure whether I am for or against the deal but one thing is sure that I am in support of government today. Not because deal is good or bad but because I am against Karat and Company. I always felt that communist parties in India are biggest destructive force. I am against them. So if they want to topple the government, I am opposed to them. The performance of Manmohan Singh’s UPA government has been very disappointing in last four and half year on economic and security fronts but nobody can deny that the prime minister is really very honest person and its always pleasure to see people like him with a clean image leading the country. After this recent political turmoil over the nuclear deal, I have more respect for Manmohan Singh because of the courage he had shown to not succumb to left pressure. It also gave a signal that current prime minister is not as weak as we kept on assuming in last four and half year. I know there will be lots of horse trading behind the scene, lots of deal, money and muscle power will play their roles in today’s vote. People from both sides will try their best in all ethical/unethical practices to either save or topple the govt. An honest person like Manmohan Singh had to directly/indirectly endorse these things if he had to save his government. This may not look very ethical but I remember 4 lines of hindi poem:

“आग के साथ आग बन मिलो
पानी के साथ पानी ,
गरल का उत्तर है प्रतिगरल
यही कहते जग के ज्ञानी!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I concur with your views, Left really screwed up the whole equation, blew it out of proportion and wasted so much of tax payers money. At the same time I was expecting congress to handle the issue with more maturity, something they should have resolved with Left by dialouge. Easier said than done, the nuclear issue was left way behind, with parties using this as an opportunity to create an image and prepare themselves for the upcoming elections.