Monday, December 31, 2007

well done Aamir

Yesterday I watched "Tare Jameen Par". After watching this movie, I started feeling more and more bad that why did I go to watch a movie like "Om Shanti Om" in same multiplex about a month ago. Anyway coming back to movie, I read lots of movie reviews but I would just like to make a comment that this was a simplest story told in great way so that it kept me interested throughout the movie. This was (I guess) directorial debut for Aamir Khan and he truly has shown that why he always has difference of opinions with his movie directors. Movie direction is not just creating few scenes (in different flavors like music, romance, emotion) and present that to audience but its more than that where the director should first feel that he is not making this movie to fool the audience and then he should tell a story to the audience in his/her own way. "Tare Jameen Par" is a meaningful film which should be watched by every one of us to encourage such kind of movies. The child artiste (Darsheel) has been too good and I felt in some places he is better than Aamir in acting. I heard this movie got good opening and may become a super hit in near future. This will be good for Indian cinema. Aamir's star value also helped this movie to pull the crowd otherwise there has been some honest approach in meaningful cinema by less known names and the movie succumbed and some useless movies (with big star value) became huge hit.