Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Vijay Tendulkar

Yesterday Vijay Tendulkar passed away. I had heard his name in my childhood days but could come across his work only when I was in college and was seriously looking for a good script for college one act play competition. I got a chance to come thru his play “Khamosh Adalat Jari Hai…” (hindi translation of “Shantata court chalu aahe…”)
His style was unique and the script looked so heavy to us that we were hesitant to start rehearsals and take the play to the stage because we felt that we may not do the justice to this play with all of our skills and efforts. Thus we had to abandon idea of staging this play and start with some other play. Later I realized that Aakrosh and Ardh Satya (hindi movies) were written by this same person. He had revolutionary way to narrate his story which was always hard hitting to audience. May his soul rest in peace....

No comments: